Expert Resumes & LinkedIn Profiles for Managers and Executives was written specifically to address the nuances of writing for senior-level job search candidates. For managers and executives, writing resumes and LinkedIn profiles is a complex process that requires strategy, careful selection of the right material to showcase, and the most-effective presentation style to capture the targeted audience.
Management and executive job seekers must consider how best to:
- Communicate their personal brand and value
- Identify qualifications, experiences, and achievements most related to current career goals
- Position their most relevant and impressive information with the right language and format to capture attention and inspire interest
- Determine how best to write and present extensive career information for maximum impact
- Cull past experiences to showcase early career success
- Format and design their resume to maximize visual focus on what matters most
- Create a LinkedIn profile that is a complement to the resumebut not an exact copy, written to showcase personality and keyword optimized to attract recruiters and employers
This book addresses all of these topics and much more.
The first section of the book provides an in-depth analysis of each critical component of writing, formatting, and designing senior-level resumes and LinkedIn profileseverything from crafting personal branding statements, to determining your best resume structure, to writing job descriptions that are rich in content, achievement, and keywords.
The second section includes 100+ pages of sample resumes and LinkedIn profiles targeted to all levels of management and executive careersfrom front-line managers to CEOs, and all positions in between.
Authors and Master Resume Writers Wendy Enelow and Louise Kursmark have each spent more than 30 years writing resumes, training professional resume writers, speaking to job search audiences, and writing about evolving trends in job search.
Expert Resumes & LinkedIn Profiles for Managers and Executives is the latest in the authors library of 20+ books. By following the writing strategies and actions outlined in the book, senior-level job seekers will become confident in communicating their brands, marketing their expertise, and moving their careers forward.
About the Authors
Wendy Enelow and Louise Kursmark are credited with creating, professionalizing, and elevating the resume writing industry worldwide. As a professional resume writer for 30+ years, each has written thousands of resumes for job seekers around the globe. In addition, together they founded the worlds premier resume training and certification company (Resume Writing Academy) and two high-profile organizations dedicated to the development of resume and career professionals (Career Masters Institute, Career Thought Leaders).
They have worked together remotely for 20+ years, Louise from her home in Plymouth, MA, and Wendy from her 35-acre farm in the middle of nowhere, Virginia.
Both Wendy and Louise are Master Resume Writers, Certified Professional Resume Writers, Job and Career Transition Coaches, and Credentialed Career Masters.