Expanded, revised, and interactive, here’s the latest edition of the manual that has helped more than 300,000 men and women learn the secrets behind a successful career change. Whether you’re about to embark on your first job search, are in mid-career, or are seeking to re-enter the job market, SUPER JOB SEARCH IV will help you land the best of all possible jobs. The 7-Step Program will show you how to:
- Evaluate what you want to do and in which kind of environment.
- Organize your accomplishments to easily market your skills.
- Write a knockout resume that gets past the screeners and highlights your most impressive skills and attributes.
- Discover ALL the places where jobs are found, including the hidden job market.
- Write broadcast and cover letters, answer advertisements, and work with recruiters.
- Prioritize your job search to maximize your time.
- Obtain job leads and research companies on the internet.
- Become a great networker (even if you have never done it before) using LinkedIn, Twitter Facebook and other online resources.
- Get interviews by telephone, e-mail, and social and professional networks.
- Interview so that you can guide any discussion to focus on your most important skills.
- Successfully manage phone, one-on-one, group, and competitive interviews.
- Negotiate to get the salary you deserve.
BONUS BOOK INSIDE!
Considering a business of your own? Learn all the steps for becoming an entrepreneur, including where to get free advice on your business and financial plans. All is detailed in Part III A Business of Your Own.
THIS INTERACTIVE EDITION points you to tons of online resources available from SuperJobSearch.com and the app superjob-search. You re just a click away from millions of job leads and companies all over the world, as well as thousands of recruiters listed by city and country.
Peter K. Studner is a graduate of The Ohio State University, with Bachelor and Master of Science degrees in engineering, mathematics, and business. He served as a United States Air Force officer and later became a licensed professional engineer. Early in his career, Mr. Studner moved to Paris to head up the European operations of H.K. Porter Company. Since then he has been CEO and served on boards of publicly and privately held companies in England, France, and the United States. He has been responsible for a number of key international manufacturing, marketing, and sales operations as well as turnarounds.
Upon his return from Europe, Mr. Studner completed research on new techniques for speeding the job transition process. He currently practices outplacement in Los Angeles, where he has helped thousands of men and women make successful career changes and trained independent consultants and corporate human resources professionals in how to deliver effective outplacement programs.
Mr. Studner has appeared on television and radio, been a feature editor of a career magazine, and contributes articles to business newspapers and magazines. He has conducted career transition seminars at universities and colleges and has been on the faculty of the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA Extension). He produced and programmed the SuperJobSearch.com website as well as an app (superjobsearch) for Apple and Android mobile equipment (he is an Apple developer). The superjobsearch app and website feature extensive global resources (job leads, companies, recruiters, and career information).
Super Job Search received the Benjamin Franklin Award for Best How-To Book, presented by the Independent Book Publishers Association. It also has won awards from the American Library Association ( Best of the Best ) and from Quality Books, Inc.
Mr. Studner is the author of Le Guide du CV Votre Coach Pour l Emploi, published in France by MAXIMA and in North America by Jamenair Ltd., as well as a British edition of Super Job Search published in the United Kingdom. He is also the author of five children s books and one business thriller. He is a member of the Independent Book Publishers Association, Independent Writers of Southern California, the Society of Authors (U.K.), the Société des Gens de Lettres(France), Producers Guild of America, and Provisors.
He resides in Los Angeles.