By Michelle Lee, author of Living Luxe Gluten-Free
Football season’s just around the corner…so don’t let Deflategate take the wind out of your snacking sails! Try these gluten-free Buffalo Tenders for full-blown flavor and prep so easy even Roger Goodell could make ’em!
NO BONES ABOUT ‘EM BUFFALO TENDERS
6+ tbsp. hot sauce (I prefer Frank’s, but just use your favorite allergy-friendly hot sauce)
4 tsp. lactose-free butter, room temperature (I like Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread)
1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar Cayenne pepper (to taste) Garlic powder (to taste)
½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs (I like Glutino Original Bagel Chips, crushed)
1 tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. smoked paprika
1 cup canola oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
1 egg, lightly beaten in a wide, shallow bowl
1. Mix sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Mix flour, breadcrumbs, pepper, salt, and paprika in a wide, shallow bowl or plate and set aside.
3. In a large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Working in batches, dredge chicken in egg and then in flour and breadcrumb mixture. Place coated chicken in skillet and cook until outsides of chicken are dark brown and meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
4. Place cooked chicken pieces on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
5. When all tenders have been cooked, pour sauce over tenders and toss to coat thoroughly. Serve immediately.
If you’re not a fan of hot sauce, prepare tenders according to the recipe and use a gluten-free dipping sauce, such as Trader Joe’s Sweet Chili Sauce or Trader Joe’s Mango Chutney, in place of the hot sauce. Barbecue sauce is a great option as well.
Recipe from Living Luxe Gluten Free (Salut Studio, 2015).
Presented to you by CPG News & Information