What athlete hasn’t become frustrated at losing a game, not because they were outplayed or outmatched, but because they gassed out, had a mental lapse, or just couldn’t get in the zone? Peak Performance Table Tennis comprehensively covers those game aspects needed for peak performance and provides actionable steps for athletes to ensure they are in the best possible position to perform at their peak when it matters most.
This book contains cutting-edge sports science, curated specifically for table tennis athletes. It dives deep into sports nutrition, supplementation, training methodologies, advanced recovery tactics, injury prevention, psychological and emotional skills training, motor learning, and more.
In the book, the reader will find
- science-based methods to prevent choking during critical matches;
- how-to on making the training form “stick” by reorganizing practice in a way that enhances motor learning with no extra time required;
- information on how to fuel performance using advanced sports nutrition;
- the author’s secret “looper” formula which enhances cognitive functioning and bottles that “in the zone” feeling;
- a controversial, but evidence-based supplement recommendation;
- how-to on hacking sleep patterns and using biorhythmic optimization to improve performance, enhance body composition, and more;
- the counterintuitive secret to increasing speed, power, and agility in table tennis;
- how-to on becoming bulletproof—including the author’s novel “spidersilk tendon protocol” methods to boost recovery and avoid getting sick;
- a scientific approach to achieving the “flow state;”
- a secret from the Chinese National Team on how to control the flow of play and find that winning momentum;
- expert interviews with top players and coaches from around the world;
- and much, much more…
Kevin Finn is a strength and conditioning specialist, a certified speed and agility coach (CSAC), and the owner and creator of Peak Performance Table Tennis. As a strength training and nutritional consultant with a master’s degree in education, he specializes in breaking down complex information and arming people with the knowledge and tools necessary to transform their physiques and take their performances to the next level. Kevin’s love for table tennis began in high school. As a player, he specializes in playing defensively, losing frequently, and spending inordinate amounts of time researching and tweaking his setup. He can be found frequenting the online table tennis forums under the moniker, Joo Se Kev. He lives in New Jersey.