The Well-Rounded Soccer Coach is a unique book about coaching soccer. The author, Ashu Saxena, shares the wisdom to coaching that he has learned through the years. In this book he offers successful secrets for long-term player development, which is a current hot topic in the soccer world. The Well-Rounded Soccer Coach is a special resource that combines credibility, the experiences of a coach who has coached U9-U19 age groups (competitive club and high school teams), and comprehensive coverage of coaching soccer. The book raises the standards for coaching resources. This is how, it includes the following proven methods and techniques:
- Examples of a complete season of actual training sessions
- Explanations as to the “hows” and “whys” of selected exercises
- Useful resources for coaches, players, and parents in a variety of areas on and off the field
- Credibility through anecdotes from coaches, players, and parents
- Objective results achieved by teams
- Direct access to someone who is actively involved in the areas of player development, coaching excellence, team culture, and education
Anyone wishing to become a successful coach of a winning team needs this book on his shelf.
About the Author
Ashu Saxena has been coaching soccer since 1986, and he holds the United Soccer Coaches (formerly NSCAA) Master Coach Diploma. He has received the United States Youth Soccer Association National Girls Coach of the Year Award as well as the United States Olympic Committee National Developmental Soccer Coach of the Year Award. In addition, he has received regional, state, and county coaching and champion of character awards. Ashu continues to coach, mentor others, and enjoy the game at various levels. He is passionate about improving player development, team culture, and coaching excellence, whether by responding to questions from coaches, writing articles, or teaching courses as a United Soccer Coaches Associate Staff Coach.