The peculiar tropical paradise at the end of the road draws millions of visitors, but many miss out on its true spirit and hidden places. Now, you won’t endure such a fate. Key West Travel Guide is a 288-page, full-color guide that enlightens and entertains, whether you’re escaping for a weekend, a lifetime, or are simply planning an armchair journey from afar.
Inside, find hundreds of local picks for lodging, food, bars, and attractions, all while taking an honest, unpredictable literary voyage through obscure hideouts, tall tales and drinking customs. Basically this is a guide by locals, set to the spirit of the Keys.
• hundreds of color photos, a dozen maps
• trip planning, tips for lodging deals
• local carnivorous cuisine, eateries with vegetarian plates
• beaches, nightlife, drinking customs, water sports
• late breakfasts, late-night food, 24-hour stores
• literary guide, theater, art, music, bad jokes, good jokes
• marinas, transient boating, RV & tent camping
• local products, shopping
• kid-friendly stuff, freebies
• dog-friendly lodging
• the drive from Miami
• fishing guide
• Conch translator
• history, culture, drugs, treasure
• nature, wildlife, tiny deer, big fish
• eco-minded businesses
• life wisdoms, achieving world peace
Key West Travel Guide was conceived, written, and designed by us two locals: avid travelers and professional freelance writers. It includes the last 40 miles of inhabited Keys including Bahia Honda; plus Marquesas, Dry Tortugas.
Quixotic Guides are an entirely new breed of guidebook, combining comprehensive essential travel details with eclectic storytelling and local insight for a guidebook that is actually fun to read. More locations soon!
About the Authors